About This Webinar
Aired live Thu, Jun 17, 2021
If you have not heard the term “data fabric” yet, you will. It is rapidly growing in popularity. Gartner identified data fabric as the top trend for data and analytics in 2021.
You can think of data fabric as a web connecting multiple locations, types, and sources of data – both on-premises and in the public cloud. It is an architectural approach designed to help organizations better deal with the growing number of available data sources and ever-changing application requirements. The backbone of data fabric design is a Knowledge Graph capturing information about data sources in RDF. This is a new type of a data catalog with semantically augmented and enriched metadata.
Join us for this webinar to:
- Learn What Is Data Fabric
- Understand Why Data Fabric Requires a Knowledge Graph
- Get Advice on Moving from Traditional Metadata Management to Metadata Management With Knowledge Graphs
- Envision How Tools Participating in Data Fabrics Will Interact With Knowledge Graphs
- See these Concepts in Action
Who should attend:
- Current users of TopBraid EDG
- Anyone considering vocabulary, reference data or metadata management/ data cataloging solution
- Anyone considering a knowledge graph approach to information management
About TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance
TopBraid Enterprise Data Governance™ (TopBraid EDG™) is an enterprise knowledge graph for data governance. With EDG, you can choose data governance packages to support a comprehensive and staged approach to data governance. Our packages include:
- Vocabulary Management
- Metadata Management
- Reference Data Management
- Business Glossaries
About the Presenters:
Irene Polikoff has more than two decades of experience in software development, management, consulting and strategic planning. Since co-founding TopQuadrant in 2001 Irene has been involved in more than a dozen projects in government and commercial sectors. She has written strategy papers, trained customers on the use of the Semantic Web standards, developed ontology models, designed solution architectures and defined deployment processes and guidance.
Jesse Lambert is a Senior Semantic Solutions Architect at TopQuadrant and has over 15 years of experience in applying Semantic Web technologies. He works with organizations integrating TopBraid EDG to support data governance; including scenarios of semantic search pipelines and the elimination of data stovepipes.